The Environmental Cost of Returns in Ecommerce
What we do today, matters tomorrow – Invest in the future of returns to support a circular economy.
Consumers will never love everything they buy, every single time. Returns happen, but that does not mean our planet should suffer because of it. Brands attract and retain loyal customers that share their values.
Having a returns management solution that prioritizes optimizing the reverse supply chain will limit the negative impact returns have on our environment and planet. Returns data provides insight on a retailer’s returns performance so they can make more insightful and sustainable business decisions.
How can retailers support sustainable returns?
- Leverage returns data to improve products and optimize return rates
- Focus on inefficiencies in reverse logistics
- Consider implementing resale programs or donating return items to charities for those in need.
Consumers buy from sustainable brands.
- 76% of Americans said that they would actually switch their preferred brand if they were offsetting carbon emissions
- Roughly 75% of the time, a return is within a retailers control